Sunday 20 December 2009

For sale.. Again?


So do I have to sell them? My pair of silver sonic Q10 shotgun speaker cables....

On many occasions when I introduced acrolink power and signal cables into the system, the effects and improvements were immediate and obvious even though the cables were brand new and yet to break-in: they were THAT good ... of course over time, they became better after more hours of use.....

Now I have a slightly different experience with their speaker cables...... Thanks to x audio, I was able to loan a double pair of acrolink s-1000 speaker cables done up for biwiring.. I just have to try for myself before I commit to any purchase... in fact I was more interested in the s-1400 but there wasnt any in shop that is suitable for biwiring...

After listening for half an evening, I powered down the system to switch speaker cables.... but due to my over-enthusiastic tightening in the past, I have some trouble loosening the binding posts to disconnect the Q10.... after some effort of turning the knobs, I managed to do it and also hooked up the acrolink s-1000....

I didnt know what to expect..... Should I judge the sound right away or wait for things to settle down? Anyway I sat down to listen for another hour or so...... Although there were some differences, i could not decide if there were improvements or mere differences..... Maybe the Q10 was quite good to start off with? Well I shall give the acrolink more time to settle in before I listen more critically.....

No comments: