Tuesday 27 September 2011

A thicker cord for the RR-77

When I first plugged in the Acoustic Revive RR-77 I became a happier audiophile.....

This outwardly simple and lightweight device improved the spatiality and stereo imaging by quite a good margin. Most importantly, it made the room “BIGGER” and allowed me to play louder....

All these gains were pretty apparent even though I was using the stock power supply: a generic made in china wall wart unit.....

I should be contented but I was restless ....

So after hearing about what a good power supply can do for the RR-77, I decided to plonk down $$$ for a Kingrex PSU 2 and all that was said was true ..!! Cos the effects of the RR-77 was magnified and given a big BOOST......!! It was not subtle, not at all....

But even this setup is not ideal as I was using the supplied power cord, nothing fanciful ....

I strongly believe that a high quality PC will surely improve things ....

Since my isolation transformer power filter is lying around unused I decided that it could be the upgrade I needed.... This trusty partner allows me to use US plugs to feed the PSU2 and from my collection of power cords, I picked the DH Labs ...

Now I have to believe my ears ......!! I’d just realised that using a good power cord for the PSU2 to feed the RR-77 can be an ear-opening experience too...

You have to try it....

I think even a thick belden cord can do much better than any stock cord.....

In case I get tempted, I should refrain from trying a modded Kingrex PSU2......

That could be really be a killer, at a cost ...

No comments: